History & Statment of Beliefs
NW MinCon began over 40 years ago as an independent/interdenominational meeting for the training of church leaders and volunteers. It was originally named the Tacoma Sunday School Conference and met in the basement of a Baptist Church in Tacoma, Wa.
As the local church experiences change to reach a changing world, the conference adapts to the needs of today’s leaders to help encourage and equip them powerfully.
In 2015 the conference name was re-branded to NW MinCon, 5 Conferences, 1 Location. #Pastoral/Leadership #Tech-arts #Worshiparts #Youthmin & #Kidmin.
Each year more and more ministry leaders and volunteers continue to find innovative ministry ideas and encouragement through the conference. Today we consist of 10 conferences with the addition of #womensministry/leadership, #stars/preschool #mentalhealth, #digitalarts & #every/tribe/tongue&nation
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
NWMinCon reaches over 1000+ churches here in the great NW. We have people from all walks of church life attending, Baptist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, Assemblies of God, independents, non denom churches, the list is long!
We are not denominationally distinct, but we are distinctively Christian and evangelical in belief.
Our director is an ordained elder in the Wesleyan Churh, and our former director an ordained Baptist.
Our goal is to be a be a catalyst of encouragement and equipping for pastors, leaders, directors and volunteers to reach the lost and extend Christ kingdom right here in the beautiful NW.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12,27; Ephesians 1:22-23.